Omg! Yes you read the title right! I am going to Spain! In less than twenty-four hours I will be boarding my first flight on a summer adventure that I’m going to remember forever! Although I am a little scared for that eight hour flight, I can’t wait for what is in store for me for the next couple of weeks! I’m literally laying in bed with surges of excitement flowing through my body like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I am so blessed to have this opportunity!
In Spain I will be traveling to Madrid, Barcelona, Seveilla, Granada, and more. (I am also realizing that I have used way more exclamation points thank I actually should. Sorry about that.) I am hoping to keep my beauties updated with the food I eat, activities I do, historical places I visit, and all that touristy stuff that we all deep down are suckers for. I’m happy I can finally attempt to use my Spanish that I have been learning since high school.
Now preparing for a long trip involves a lot of thought and organization. (Emphasis on the organization.) Although packing wasn’t my favorite, thanks to my eagle creek packing cubes, I was able to keep a lot of my clothes consolidated and wrinkle free. (DISCLAIMER: This is my second time going to Spain but I vividly remember the importance of packing light in Europe.) I also made sure a lot of my body care and skin care items were in a smaller form so I could stick them in my carry-on. The only full size bottles I plan on taking are my hair products because hello…curly hair probs. I only brought three pairs of shoes and made sure my outfits were easily interchangable with each other. My important items that I’ll need for my overnight flight are tucked away in my super cute Kate Spade tote and everything is set for takeoff! A couple important items that I made sure that I brought overseas was
- Cash for Currency Exchange- Not everybody uses the dollar bill. It’s important to have the correct currency for the place you’re traveling to.
- Converter for Electronics- Different countries have different voltages so it’s important to carry at least one electrical converter. I bought two universal converters. I never know where my next trip will be!
- Copies of Important Papers- From my passport to my health insurance card, I made sure I made copies of everything just in case anything gets lost. I mean, things happen!
- Appropriate Clothing for the Weather- Freezing in the middle of July may be odd to you but for some countries it’s not. I definitely made sure I checked the weather before packing anything. (It won’t be snowing in May in Spain fortunately.)
- A camera- My new Nikon D3300 was the first thing that I packed with me for my trip. I can’t wait to capture memories from my trip with my camera!
Of course there was a lot more packed up in my tiny purple suitcase but those are some of my most important things I just could not forget. This beauty can’t wait to use her blessings and become more brilliant through cultural experiences! ¡Hasta luego amigos!
” For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”